Please fill out the form completely and submit your information. The submission deadline is September 16 (more details below). Please keep your project review at approximately 800 words. Photos may be submitted if available.
Contact Gail Flower at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-263-9385 to request a sample battery or to ask questions about the contest. Thank you.
Deadline for submission: September 16
Winner selected by: September 30
Article on winner appears (800 words, winner’s photo, photo of battery) in November/December 2011 edition of iSP.
Applications for Blue Spark Technologies 1.5v printed battery. An article on the battery appears in the July/August 2011 issue of iSP.
1. Cost for submissions: free
2. An individual or a group may submit their best idea for a practical use for Blue Spark Technologies’ printed battery.
3. Submissions must be original.
4. Credit to all companies, designers, printers, or assistants who contributed to the idea must be listed in the submission.
5. A description of how the printed battery could be used must be presented in approximately 800 words. A text-entry area is provided below. It supports formatted and plain text, as well as direct linking to your hosted images.
6. No one related in any way to ST Media Group, NorTech, or Blue Spark may participate.
The independent judges will be selected from diverse industry backgrounds and will include one designer. Their decisions are final and will be based on the following criteria:
1. Intelligent original idea
2. Low-cost production
3. Environmentally friendly materials
4. Commercial viability
1. The winner receives $200.00 from sponsor NorTech in support of creative, practical ideas for high-tech applications. The winner also receives a one-page, full-color published article in the November/December issue of iSP plus 100 free, full-color reprints of this article. The Visionary Innovator will also receive a distinctive certificate of merit.
2. Honorable-mention certificates will be awarded at the judges’ discretion.
3. All submissions will be published in the news section of Industrial + Specialty Printing magazine.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.