Sales and profitablility are up in Q1 for Henkel.
Henkel had a good start to the fiscal year in spite of a challenging and volatile market environment. the company achieved solid organic growth and improved profitability.
* Sales rise 4.8% to 4,008 million euros (organic: +4.7%)
* Adjusted* operating profit: up 16.6% to 551 million euros
* Adjusted* EBIT margin: up 1.3 percentage points to 13.7%
* Adjusted* earnings per preferred share (EPS): up 19.2% to 0.87 euros
* Emerging markets again show above-average growth (+8.7%)
*Improved gross margin despite raw material price increases
“All of our business sectors contributed to this achievement. Once again our emerging markets registered a strong development. Thus, we are confident of achieving our targets for 2012,” said Henkel CEO Kasper
Rorsted. For the fiscal year 2012, he said, “We expect that volatility and uncertainty will continue to influence our markets. Therefore, we will continue to adapt our structures and processes so that we can respond more quickly and flexibly than our competitors.”
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.